Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 31 October 2010

Hostel tout

It seems that I might be paying an extra $1 a day for my accomodation. This is because we (4 of us off the bus) met a tout on the street who gave us a brochure for this hostel and told us a little about it. His name, Roberto, was written on the top of he brochure and he would have watched us enter the hostel, seen that we checked in, and then gone to collect his money.
I don't mind really. I'm sure it's not a fabulous way to make money and he would rather do something else, but it is honest and he isn't begging. It also goes directly to the person needing it and isn't swallowed up by some administration like in many charities. In all reality the $1 isn't much for us foreign tourists, but can make a big difference to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!