Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 6 October 2010

My New York, New York experience

New York, New York
23-30 September 2010

   Mum and I finished our vacation with a week in New York City. Whilst there we took a package of 4 tours (Downtown, Harlem, Brooklyn, and Nighttime) and even had a tour guide who said he would be appearing soon in episodes of Law and Order, due out in November. We went to the Broadway production of The Lion King... it was disappointing really, so will stick to seeing musicals in Australia since they have never disappointed me there. We also went to see the Blue Man group, and it was weirdly entertaining, I liked it, but almost didn´t.We also did a fantastic tour with the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, about the life of early immigrants to New York.

   New York is fantastic to visit... but gee I am glad I don´t live there!

A few years back I was fortunate enough to get a house sitting job for a friend of a friend in New York. I loved the Ellis Island museum so much I had to go back again. The museum is all about Ellis Islands role as an immigration facility from 1892 - 1924, it that time it processed a whopping 12 million steamship passengers!

American food portions are, mostly it seems, way to big. We got this Rueben Sandwich... enough for about 3 normal people, at priced at something like $26, plus another charge for sharing it, unless you get a side (like you need it!). Arrgh.... then I got a headache from eating a quater of it!

Time Square, New York, Thursday night. Note the bride and groom in the middle of it all.

This guide was very clever with his drum kit... and having fun and making great money!

 Mum and I walked the length of Central Park. It has lots of different areas, I particularly liked this one. See the Manhattan Skyline beyond pretty bit.

New York view from the Top of the Rock. Empire Sate building in the middle, without King Kong. 

Perhaps a reason why the ´smart´coutries seem to want all their citizens to be educated. 
Another way of saying this might me that All and All your just another brick in the Wall.
Photo taken in Harlem.

The Statue of Liberty. Yep, she is big!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!