Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 11 October 2010

Two to tango

 My new shoes!

Ever since I started this trip I have been planning to come to Buenos Aires to learn a few tango moves. People often asked while I would leave it to the end of my trip if it was something I was so passionate about, and I would reply that I would be needing to buy shoes and maybe clothes that weren't really part of my usual backpacker ensemble.
In my first week here I have been to three tango events (milongas). The second two of those involved a group class, but I did better on the first night when an older man asked me to dance and he led well and showed me a few steps.

The first group class was also good because although there were not enough men to go around, they continually paired me with a man with some experience. On the third class I, unfortunately, had to dance with a beginner and the whole thing was disastrous!
I am quite skilled (people applaud when the right guy leads me) in dancing salsa and rock n roll (swing) and a few other styles but never before have I learnt with a beginner. I didn't know how lucky I had been to always have an expert to lead the way!
I also bought some tango shoes! I went to what is supposed to be Argentina's best supplier of tango shoes and bought some cool looking killer heels.
And occasionally some people ask about my leg (which I damaged twice in accidents in Peru)... Well that's why I have only been to 3 events in the week. My leg is still bothering me a little bit, the more I push the more it hurts so I'm not pushing it too hard. At least it's good enough that I can do a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!