Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 15 April 2010

Into Ecuador

Piura, Peru to Guayaquil, Ecuador
Monday 12 April, 2010

  Eleven hours on a bus without airconditioning, and everyone knows that Ecuador is hot. The word translates to 'equator' in English. But the windows opened and the driver drove like a bat out of hell, and so the breezes flowed fast.
   Passing first Rice fields, then Banana plantations, and then Cocao plantations. I didn´t take a single photo all day so you´ll have to use your imagination.
   The border crossing was the strangest yet. The no-mans land (the area between the borders) was full of activity, there was even a bus stop there where some passengers got off and changed buses. I was worried I was in Ecuador but hadn´t gotten and entry stamp, but all turned out to be good.
   A young American had lost the piece of paper that you are supposed to have to leave the country, some 'helpers' told him to go with them and they would help him him. I said "no, stick in this line, ask the officials", but he went with them. They wanted $20 to help him, he didn´t have $20 and came back to me and said "what´ll I do?" and I said "get back in line and ask the officials behind the counter". So he did. They had no problems that he had lost his paper, and didn´t want money... they just stamped his passport.

Ecuador uses US dollars... this´ll be so much easier!

Notes
Piura to Guayaquil, 11 hours with CIFA $11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!