Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Doing nothing in Guayaquil, Ecuador

Guayaquil, Ecuador
12-19 April 2010

   I got to Guayaquil a week ago and checked into the most fantastic hostel. I had decided it had to be a good one, because I planned to do nothing, nothing, nothing for 3 days minimum. My toe still hurt and I chose a swimming pool and a place too far from the centre so that I could stay put and do nothing, nothing, nothing for 3 days minimum.Yes, I know, I am repeating myself, it´s had for me to do nothing for one day, let alone 3 or more.
   Tuesday.... nothing.
   Wedneday... nothing.
   Thursday... a friend came to do nothing with me (I´d met her at the bus terminal) and by the evening I had given up on nothing and gone to the city with her and her host.
   Friday I moved to where she was being hosted (couchsurfing).
   And on the weekend, we went with her host, Carlos, to the thermal baths of San Vincente and the beaches of Sallinas and Montañitas. I am now badly surnburnt..... one of those sneaky overcast days that tricks you and a broken watch (so I had no idea of the time) and sunworshipping company. But I had a nice time and walking in the shallows felt good on my sore toe.
   And now, I must admit, the blogging might go a little quiet for a week of 2.... I´m off to the Galapagos, and I don´t expect affordable or fast internet, so you´ll just have to excuse me.

Me, Carlos, and Veronique at the mud baths of San Vincente. The mad baths were interesting... you get into a natural mud hole.... finding other peoples hair in the mud as you plaster it onto yourself. But, I don´t think it greatly improved my skin or hair..... bat poop (Guatemala) did a much better job!

Notes.
Accomodation, Iguanazu Hostel. $15 dorm bed, incl Breakfast. free internet, pool, excercise equipment, ping pong, Kitchen use. It was great *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!