Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 15 April 2010

Enough of Peru, keeping pushing on.

Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura, Peru
9-12 April 2010

   To be honest I was feeling like it was time to get out of Peru. So I left Trujillo for Chiclayo, but found my accomodation so horrible that I left the next day, to Piura where I knew I could take a bus directly to Guayquil in Ecuador.
   Chiclayo is known for having the Museum of Sipan, which is the pride of Northern Peru and houses artifacts from the tombs from in Northern Peru. I enjoyed my visit there, but rarely get too excited about museums. I also visited Chiclayos market, known for selling all manner of herbs. Sellers desparately tried to sell me the hallucinagenic San Pedro Cactus 'stuff'.... but really.... I wouldn´t even consider trying it whilst traveling alone.
   I spent 2 nights in Piura, that is 2 nights more than the town warrants, but I wanted to go to the movies and just wasn´t ready to leave the first day. I saw 'Precious' at the cinema... and was so pleased to be at my first cinema since I left home.


Bad stomach or broken heart... whatever it is they have herbs to fix it.

Taxi´s in Peru, commonly are this type..and I don´t know what type it is, they are so prideless that they seem to be without badges.

Notes
Accom, Chiclayo, Hostel San Jose? Bloody awful. S/15
Accom, Piura, Hostel Aruba, only slightly less awful S/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!