Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 12 April 2010

Duck Canyon, with no ducks

Huaraz to Chimbote and on to Trujillo, via the Cañon de Pato (Canyon of Duck)
Wednesday 7 April 2010

   I didn´t see a single duck all day. But they did seem to have a lot of duck on the menu in those parts.

   To leave Huaraz, I took the scenic route, 8 hours of a very rough road, along the Cañon de Pato. It was a very scenic day. There must have been about 40 tunnels... I lost count about half way down and I was at 17 when I lost count. The tunnels are important to me... I get anxious in some tunnels. I´m not sure why it´s some and not others... maybe I sense their stability! I was exhausted by the end of the day.
  
Cañon de Pato

Cañon de Pato

At the bottom.... back to the coastal desert.

Notes
Scenic Bus Journey S/25
Lunch at bus stop S/9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!