Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Photo Upload: Shopping on the Carretera Austral

I really enjoy the 'supermarkets' of the small towns in the distant places in Chile and Argentina. At home we wouldn't even call them a supermarket,  just the local store... but they seem to have everything.

Take this (pictured) 'supermarket' in Cochrane, a town on the Southern part of the Carretera Austral. It seemed to have everything you might need: groceries (of course), hardware (H bought nails), irons (pictured, they use wood stoves here so the irons are iron, the old type), wood stoves, chainsaws, mattresses, shoes, clothes, liquor, horseshoes,  saddles ... I actually wander these supermarkets with complete interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!