Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 22 March 2014

Enjoying free fruit in Patagonia

We hardly buy any fruit anymore.... Patagonia has fruit trees everywhere with fruits falling off them. 

This week it's apples and blackberries (okay, not a tree but wild), 10 days ago it was plums, 10 days before that it was cherries (not so great for eating, but we made wonderful jam). 

The trees are planted on public and private property (we don't enter to take from private property, but fruit falls beside the road). The fruit is generally smaller than what is in the shops, and might be stung (bitten by insects), but mostly it's good eating, and I'm enjoying my free snacks. 

I still buy bananas and feel guilty about how far they've travelled, but it's my number one fruit of choice, the one I can't live without.... Although I like them a bit green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!