Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Photo Upload: Caleta Tortel

The southernmost point that we drove to on the Carretera Austral (Southern Highway) was Caleta Tortel.  It's not the Southernmost point that there is, that's Villa O'Higgins, but we decided not to go there (the guide book didn't make it sound so worthwhile, although people are now telling us it's wonderful).

Caleta Tortel is a fantastic place to visit. It's perched on a seafront, and you park in the parking lot and walk everywhere.  The town is made up of a network of timber boardwalks and many many steps. Added to this I delighted in finding raspberries growing wild, which I was a bit greedy on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!