Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 27 March 2014

An interesting meeting

On Chiloe Island, H and I had a project of photographing as many different shingle types as possible.  We stopped outside one house in a tiny village to photograph the following shingle that we hadn't seen before.  I jumped out of the car to get the photo and was startled by a man sitting on the front step.

He explained that he was the man from next door and that I should get a photo of his house. He led me to his house, this is it, with him now sitting on its front step.  I think it only fair that I publish it, since he was so determined to have me take the photo.  He also wanted a chat,  about politics, but I couldn't stay for the smell!

Fortunately most houses on Chiloe are in better condition than this,  but,  when I had seen them like this I had assumed they were abandoned, and this proves I was sometimes wrong.

Also, I must mention that houses in southern Chile, when not shingled timber constructions were most often made with corrugated iron. Sometimes they looked very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!