Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Should I stay or should I go?

   It was only in my last post that I told readers that I am staying on for the sake of a man I met. And now I am having hesitations.
   You see, until now I was occupied with a project I was doing. I was cleaning up the flood damage in a 5000sqm industrial shed. A group of us cleaned, then I stayed on to co-ordinate the builders, electricians, and plumbers, while I myself painted the offices. It was a massive job that took me 8 solid weeks. But that job has come to an end and the tenants have moved in, and I am left deciding what to do with my future.
   As for staying with the man, yes I still enjoy his company, but could he please send me flowers and ring me and offer to take me out? For dinner or to a movie, or something else. Just 2 months in, and he seems to think effort is no longer required.
   I could be to blame in this, men, and even friends, do seem to leave many of the "us" decisions and suggestions to "me". But I would like some to come from "he". And, in the first week, when I still had my sights set firmly on travelling he called me constantly and I asked him not to. Now I wish I hadn't said a thing.
   A problem, for me, is that I feel like whether I stay or go, then that will be it. I think I either choose to keep backpacking now, or I chose to stay and commit to a life here. There should be no in-between, I must do something properly.
   I actually I want to stay, I loved backpacking but I also want to work towards a future, build a sustainable house, have a sustainable garden, and this man reckons he wants that too! I've started applying for jobs, and this time I'm happy to take a job that requires some commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!