Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 7 June 2010

Where to next?

   I could have cried. I was so shocked and disappointed! On Friday I went to the Brazilian Embassy in Bogota to get my Visa for Brazil only to find out that it would take a whole 5 days. I didn´t have 5 days. I had assumed that the visa would be issued on the spot or, at least, on the same day and I had a flight booked on the following day.
   Even various African Visa´s in Africa 12 years ago were issued the same day. I had never had to wait before unless I was at home and posting my passport and application to an Embassy in Canberra. I just hadn´t thought this would happen. Apparently a new computerised system is in place and visa's now take 5 days. I told them I would then get the visa issued at the Brazilian Consulate in Leticia (a town on the border of Colombia and Brazil, with Consulate office, where I am now). The lady told me that the Consulate doesn´t issue visa's anymore.
   Well, now I am in Leticia. The owner of my hostel swears that I can get a same day visa at the consulate. So I am waiting for Tuesday (tomorrow is a public holiday). In Latin America I have learnt not to accept the first no you get. You have to try again, it might work.
   If I don´t get the visa, I'll be taking to boat into Peru. Oh well, at least there are options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!