Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 7 June 2010

Bogota Photo's

Bogota, Capital of Colombia
1 -5 June 2010

   In my last post I mentioned my Colombian friend, Ricardo. Well, in Bogota I stayed with his parents and his Aunts and a Cousin looked after me really well by taking me sightseeing and on errands I needed to do. It was great to be staying in a house (and a beautiful house it was too), and to experience a bit more of Colombian lifestyle. In general I should say that Colombians are the freindliest of people!.

What the??? Baby of the House?

Of all the sights I visited in Bogota, I really liked Botero´s gallery. This is odd for me, becuase I's not much of an art gallery type. Botero is Colombia's most famous artist, I already posted some photos of his sculptures from Medellin. His paintings mostly feature people and domestic animals that some people say are fat, others say are disproportionate.

Botero's Mona Lisa.

I bought a postcard of Botero's art to send home to Australia. Posting it proved extremely difficult. It seems that Colombia has allowed all its postal services to be privatised. The first place I inquired at wanted almost $8 to send it, the second $45!, the third wanted $35!. Then Ricardo's Aunt made a phone call and we found a place that sent it for $3.15.... but there was no simple stamp. Instead paperwork in duplicate was completed. Yikes!

And just in case you didn´t believe I was there.

 Bogota from the top of Montserrat lookout. It´s the third biggest city in Latin America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!