Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 7 June 2010

Ville de Leiva Photos

Ville de Leiva, Colombia
30 May - 1 June 2010

    I have another Colombian friend, but he is in New Zealand. I met him and his parents and brother last year when they were all in Brisbane. He (Ricardo) has given me a few instructions on who to visit, so with that my friend Suzanne and I headed to Ville de Leiva to visit his friend Oscar who runs a hostel there. Unfortunately, Oscar wasn´t there to meet us.

The sign says For Sale, $9 per metre .... with water in the parcel. Cheap huh? Wonder if there's a catch.

My friend Suzanne poses beside the whopping big fossil, that they found right where it is. Then they cemented it in and built a shed over it. It's a Cronosuarus (and that mighn´t be spelt right).

Ville de Leiva reputedly has the second biggest plaza in Latin America.

At Zipaquira, between Ville de Leiva and Bogota is an underground Catedral built into a Salt mine. Surfaces appear like marble, but they are Salt.

Notes: 
Accomodation in Ville de Leiva, Hostel Ranacer (Colombian Highlands) dorm $7.50. Excellent.
Flight Santa Marta to Bogota $70, Bus Bogota to Ville de Leiva $10.
2 buses to get to Zipaquira $10, Zipaquira to Bogota $5.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!