Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Stepping over the equator in Quito, Ecuador.

Quito, Ecuador
30 April - 5 May 2010


   Equador equals equator in Spanish. The country straddles the equator. Quito is the capital, and it´s a lovely city.


In the San Fransisco Church in Old Quito, a beautiful church.


I climbed to the top of the Basilica, well worth doing for the view. But must they graffiti everything in these countries?


Cute Ice Cream Van inn the streets of Quito.


Yep, standing on the equator. I also balanced an egg on the head of a nail and was given a certificate to prove it.


Just  up from the place where one stands on the equator there is a inhabited volcano crater, which I went to see. Apparently it´s not too common to live in a Volcano Crater. And no, it´s not an extinct volcano.

Notes:
Accom in Quito:
Secret Garden $10 in dorm, woken up each of the 2 nights by room mates coming home at 3am. So I moved.
San Blas Hostel $6 private room (Shared bath). Much better deal!
Public transport 25c to almost everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!