Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 27 May 2010

Partying in Medellin

Medellin, Colombia
after Salento, before Cartegena... whatever dates that´d be.

   I don´t go partying a lot while travelling, but on Thursday night at Babylon nightclub in Medellin I had the most fantastic time! I danced and danced! The bar was open (free drinks) but I didn´t have time. If only I could have caught up with that other tourist the next day.... but he disappeared on me :(
   Medellin is also known for its sculptures, by an artist whose name I keep forgetting.



Terrorists bombed one of the sculptures. The artist rebuilt it, but insisted that the original remain as a reminder to what war achieves (in this case the loss of 33 lives of people in the plaza).

Myself and 5 hostel mates rode the cable car to the top of the city to see the view ...... nice huh?

We went to Guatape, and before climbing up the rock, I ate..... that´s nice fatty pork skin at the side. Yummo!

You see the stairs in the side of the rock I got to climb?! No wonder I ate food to feed a lumberjack first.

Clare and I at the top. Yeah!
It was worth it!

Really worth it!

Oh, and going up I liked the bromeliads growing on the rock and the sight they created.

Notes
Accom in Medellin: Black Sheep hostel $10. good people stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!