Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 15 May 2010

Otavalo, Ecuador.
5 April - Saturday 8 April, 2010

   Otavalo is famous for it's Saturday market. The big bit is for the tourists, but there's local stuff too, including an animal market, and that's why I stayed in town waiting for Saturday to arrive. I wasn't disappointed.
    I also went on a days horse riding on a horse that was easy to control, but gee was it rough to ride. My body ached for days!
   Otavalo is where I also bought jeans, as I previously wrote about.


Obviously the locals shop in Otavalo too!

Everyday the stock is carried out to the streets and to be displayed for sale. And it's all carried in on their backs.

An old hacienda house, abandoned, where we went horse riding.

Cattle sale. Each owner stands with his cow or bull and talks to potential buyers about their offers.

Chicken Sale. Aside from cattle and chickens there were also ducks, rabbits, guinea pigs. All might be eaten.

$US400 was being asked for her.

These little pigs (about a foot tall) were asking $US45 each.

Rope anyone?

All the best parts of the beast in this soup. Just the way to finish up at the sale! (I went into town and had blackberry pie instead.)

Accomodation in Otovalo: Riviera Sucre Hotel, beautiful building. Private room, private bath $15, shared bath $9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!