Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Peruvian Pisco and Pelicans

Pisco, Peru
17-18 March 2010

I caught an overnight bus from Arequipa, I wanted to go to Pisco, but apparently I couldn´t. So I went to the next town, wandered around, decided I didn´t like it, and caught a collectivo to Pisco.

In Pisco I booked a morning tour to Islas Ballestas, the poor mans Gallapagos.

In the evening prior to the tour I went to Pisco´s most recommended bar for a Pisco Sour... much better here than in Chile! And the barman was nice enough to tell me where I should go for dinner, then, since it was quiet, took me to dinner. Imagine, a 22 year old taking me out for dinner! And he insisted on paying (at least it was cheap, even for here... a fraction of the price of the Pisco Sour).



Peruvian Pelicans

The Candelaria... they don´t know why, but there it is on a dune faces the pacific. And it´s really big.

The islands from a distance. They are white with Guano, bird doo, a major export product for fertiliser.

Sea Lions and their pups. Wow!

Outside of town the houses were made of straw mats!

Notes:
Accomodation in Pisco, Gino´s $7, private room, private bath.
Tour to Islas Ballestas, 3 hours (but more like 4 hours) $14
Pisco Sour $5
Dinner, skewered Beef hearts, $2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!