Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 25 March 2010

Latin Opportunity

When I first arrived in SA I was alarmed at the number of Asian produced goods available... I mean labour is cheap here, so why not produce here? But now I know why... they don´t have the work ethic of the Asians. Everyplace latino run place has at least 3 times as many staff as we would think neccessary. These places also seem to lack inspiration, perhaps because they isn´t much opportunity and without opportunity it´s hard to have a dream.

In contrast, when I visited Cuba, years ago, it seemed a happy place, despite really not liking the system they are living under.... but with an ageing president and the USA just 100 miles away, perhaps it was opportunity for change that kept them happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!