Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 9 January 2010

Uyuni to Potosi

30 December, 2009
   Once a person has done the spectacular 3 day tour on the Salar the Uyuni and the lakes, then there isn´t a lot of reason to stick around in the town of Uyuni. It has a train cemetery, which was included as the final part of my 3 day tour. The train cemetery didn´t much interest me.
   Uyuni, is incredibly dusty and the land around the town is strewn with rubbish. Add to this that my hostel roon stank! and you can see I didn´t like the town too much. So I hoped on a bus the very next day to Potosí.... a few other people from the tour were doing the same, so I tagged along with them. (My Plan A had been to 4wd to Tupiza in the South, but the road was too wet and the conditions reported to be terrible).
   The bus journey to Potosí was quite spectacular.

Taken from the bus... a farm house in the countryside between Uyuni and Potosi, note the old couple is amongst the setting.

The same old couple as of the farm house (there was a stream nearby, and at this place the drivers assistant jumped out and grabbed a rock to put under the wheel of the bus (the brakes) and then him and the driver went for a wash in the stream, leaving everybody sitting on the bus while they did). I don´t know what the farmers are digging at here, but they also seemed to have Llamas and sheep to look after.
Notes: 
HI hostel, Solar de Uyuni, musty private room, shared bath, $6.
Bus to Potosí $4.50.
Eggs for boiling (my lunch on bus) .11c each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!