Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Salt water wells in my eyes

Ok, so I stole the line... but yep, travelling here can be so sad. There is no regard for the environment at all. Rubbish goes out the window. Nothing is recycled. And if you can be a consumer, you consume as much as possible.
   To which I must make a comment on that last point. My Wwoofing host in Tarifa said something very similar to what my mother said to me a month ago..... That we (western nations) did consume, lots, and now that the developing nations are starting to be able to afford to consume, we are telling them they shouldn´t (because it will hurt the environment), and, they said, that just doesn´t seem fair. They have a point, but, for the sake of the environment, I do wish they´d listen, and stop. And I wish people everywhere would realise that stuff does not make you happy.

The landscape outside of Uyuni, Bolivia.... littered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!