Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Monday 4 January 2010

Entry to Bolivia via desert, lakes, geysers and the worlds largest salt flat.

27-29 December, 2009
   I chose to go from San Pedro de Atacama (Chile) into Bolivia on a 3 day  4wd trip, past colourful lakes, geysers, desert scenes, flamencos, and the world largest salt pan. I think I´ll let the pictures do the talking!

Laguna Blanca (White Lagoon).

  Laguna Verde (Green Lagoon)

 
 Geyser Sol de Mañana (Morning Sun Geyser Basin). Lots of colours, bubbling mud, bad smells.



Laguna Colorado... amazing colours, the white is Borax, which they do mine here, the other colours are mostly created by microscopic organisms. You can also see llamas and Flamencos.
 
Three types of Flamenco exist in this part of the world, the Andes Flamenco, the Chilean Flamenco, and the James Flamenco.

Isn´t it cute how they put the coloured wool in the ears... just like eartags at home, they identify who the stock belongs to.

The Car, the car companions... all Chilean. I was really lucky because they made sure we got a fabulous tour!

Our driver, waiting for us, as always.

Inside a hotel made of Salt, where we slept the night.

Driving across the Solar de Uyuni... the world biggest Slat pan, whilst it had a a few centimetres of water on it, it´s amazing how well the vehicles hold up with the rust.



Due to the rain, there was just one solitary salt miner working the day we were there.

Notes:
The tour from San Pedro to Atacama was with Cordellia Tours. 3 days, including 2 nights shared accomodation, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, and entry fees, was $US140. I definatly recommend this tour.

5 comments:

  1. wow what a great pictures!
    hope you have fun on your trip...
    whis I was there.... :)
    Osk de Islandia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl--I just had a wonderful vicarious experience reading your whole blog. The photos are fabulous. I love the stark beauty of it all. It gives new meaning to "salt of the earth." I was in the California Sierras this summer and your photos remind me of some of the scenes I saw--My friend and I hiked across a lone salt flat late at night and bathed alone in a thermal pool out in the middle of nowhere. The stars were infinite. I'm so glad you're having this adventure and learning a lot on your tours. Keep sending email reports to your friends. It jogs me to check your blogging. I enjoy being connected to you in this way. Love, Lisa (Greetings from Joey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali
    Happy New Year!!
    Thanks for sending the email - I had found your blog through Facebook the other day and read through it but have now put it in my Favourites. Sounds like you are having a great time. Love Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali
    Sorry that I missed you before you left... it's a bit of a story... Thanks so much for the link to your blog - I'm already hooked and I will look forward to all of your posts. What beautiful and interesting places you have been and it's great to see them through your eyes. Happy New Year!!! xxx Sharon (Edgley)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody for your comments. And Sharon... lead me in like that (it´s a bit of a story....). hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!