Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 3 November 2013

Welsh community in Patagonia Argentina

One of the items on my 'to do' list of Argentina was to visit one of the Welsh communities to drink tea and eat welsh cakes. So we went to Gaiman, and I'm not disappointed. 

On arrival we went to a tea house and enjoyed a table full of cakes, bread, and scones. It was good, but more than that we enjoyed the town. Gaiman is a town with lots of trees and gardens and clearly there is a better sense of taking pride in ones home here than in the other parts of Argentina, and Latin America in general, that I has seen. 

It doesn't take much to take a look at Gaiman and most people do it as a day trip from Trelew or Rawson, but it's worth a visit if you are in the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!