Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas Giving

   I've kind of skipped out on the Christmas gift giving this year. I have given only little 'token' gifts (with the exception of my 4 year old niece), as I really believe that those close to me have all that they need and want, and if they don't they will probably go ahead and buy it anyway. I myself have more than enough stuff and kind of feel delight with each item that wears out.
   Instead I have given a sum of money to charity. I have two charities that I considered giving to, and there are no doubt others in a similar vein of work that I would also like. The two are Marie Stopes International Australia and Wings Guatemala. In previous years I have given to Wings, but this year Marie Stopes won for its Australian ties. Both charities assist in family planning.
   Family planning assistance enables people to better choose how many and how often to have children, and this allows them to take better care of the children they have. To me it seems an extremely affective method of helping the world.
   Add to this the information on the Wings website that for every $7 spent on family planning CO2 is reduced by 1 tonne, compared to $32 spent on conventional methods... I am really happy.


If you'd like to know more about these charities the websites are:
www.wingsguate.org
https://mariestopes2-px.rtrk.com.au/


Merry Christmas to all my readers!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!