Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Time to go home

Viña del Mar, Chile
30 November 2010

   As I am writing this I am waiting for an appropriate hour to go to the airport to catch my flight back to Australia. My flight is a little after 11pm tonight and I am about 2.5 hours from the airport at the moment... so no need to rush.
   I am neither excited or disappointed to be going home, and if I hadn't made promises to go home at this point I would probably keep traveling.
   It has been a brilliant year. By the time I get back home I will have been gone 1 year and 2 days. I have explored Northern Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Northern Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay.
   My favorite of these is hard to pick... it might be Bolivia, or maybe Uruguay. Uruguay seemed the easiest to live in, though I don't seem ready to live anywhere. Bolivia seemed the most interesting and challenging.
   It seems that I have a million ideas for things I want to do when I get home ... but will I want to stay long enough to do any of them? I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!