Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Learning to live with a stranger in a confined space

This really is a new lifestyle, living with a stranger in a confined space... mostly 24 hours a day. The camper is well set up. It's hand built (by H) onto the back of an old Mercedes ute (ute being Aussie for pick-up truck). It's about 5.5m long, 2m wide, 3m long. 

The sleeping area is above the cab and it is one shared surface (but more roomy than a 2, or 3, man tent). Then there's is a dining area, kitchen and cupboards, toilet and shower. The camper is well insulated and warm (as I write this we are in the Andes and it's cold outside).

So yes, it is rather confined but it's completely okay. It is important that we get along. The first night we stayed in a campground with toilets and shower facility so I used those. Last night we bush camped, so it's use those onboard or go outside, and there isn't much to hide behind. It is close confines to have with a stranger, and I guess it requires a lot of honesty. 

On the second morning the car wouldn't start. It was battery trouble. Although H proved quite useful in trying to get it started, eventually we got someone to help us with a jump start. 

I am very much enjoying this lifestyle and H and I are getting along very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!