Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Thursday 19 September 2013

Arrived in Buenos Aires, but it had looked doubtful

Well I made it. But it had looked like I mightn't. 

Firstly I had a massive headache from Thursday evening until I went to the doctor on Monday and got a prescription. On Monday morning I'd been in a bad way, I was frustrated about the headache and thinking there was no way I could take my Tuesday flights. But the doc fixed it. 

Then on check-in at the airport it was demanded that proof of a ticket for onward travel be shown. Lots of countries have this rule, but on previous travels I've gotten away with not needing to show any evidence. I was (am) travelling on a one way ticket. 

Here's a scenario where having booked through a travel agent comes in handy. I was able to call up the travel agent office and have a ticket produced and emailed to me. They were super efficient. That ticket would be cancelled by now. 

In reality I'll be leaving Argentina by road into Chile, then returning, and leaving, etc as I make my way South, eventually I think I'll be going to Brazil (and for that I'll need a visa but its too early for that now). I definitely have no intention of staying here (I still call Australia home), but I couldn't put a date on a return ticket and so I'd have to pay to change it... And maybe I'll be flying home from North America or elsewhere. 

My flights were with Virgin Australia and Aerolineas Argentinas. Aerolineas were better than reviews would have suggested although the entertainment wasn't good. On Virgin I had to dust crumbs from my seat before I sat down. 


Minimising Jetlag

Do some Internet research on Jetlag and you'll find lots of suggestions and no guarantees. I drank as much water as I could before and during the flight, thus annoying the person beside me in the aisle seat as I would make regular toilet trips (which has an added advantage of getting a person moving) and then head to the back of the plane for another 2 glasses of water. Both times meals were served I ordered an orange juice and a water as well. I also took a multi vitamin before boarding. I think I'm doing okay. 

Arrival in Buenos Aires

The robbery in Spain has left me a little less independent. I took the taxi transfer from the airport, because I was a little scared of the hassle of walking alone after taking a bus. 

I'd only just checked in when my friend arrived to take me for dinner. It was wonderful to catch up, but after 2 hours I had to get myself to bed, I was super exhausted. 

It's my second time in BA, so there hasn't been a big need for sightseeing, although I did go to see The Flower for the second time. It still doesn't work (it used to open and close), but its still wonderful. 



Latino underwear

I first accommodation has been in a female dorm room in a hostel. My other roommates were Argentine. I had a reminder about why it's important to bring comfortable undies to Latin America. I mean, when big girls are wearing such skimpy pieces of floss to sleep in an all girls dorm, what hope is there? I was uncomfortable seeing it, it sure looked uncomfortable for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!