Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 12 September 2010

Driving across United States

New York (State) trough Vermont and New Hampshire to Maine
30 August to 04 September 2010

   In Niagara, as previously mentioned, I met with my Mum. Ther next day we walked across the border and caught a bus to the Buffulo airport to pick up a hire car I had booked the night before.
From there we starting driving, and we will keep up with our driving tour until about 23 September, as which point we will head to New York city for a week.

Our second day of touring found us at the New York State Fair. It has a (apparently) famous annual butter sculpture... here it is!

The state of Maine is famous for Maple syrup... you can do tastings and it is very yummy. These are buckets that the people collect the syrup in, direct from the trees to be boiled down to what we consume.


The chook on the frm was posing. So I  had to shoot it... with my camera obviously!

One of the items on my mothers 'to do' list was a farm stay in Maine. And the Maine countryside is definately worth spending some time in.

Maple trees.

Roadside side weeds.

This part of the world (New England) is also famous for covered bridges.

Notes:
30 Aug. Syracuse NY.
31 Aug. Syracuse NY.
01 Sep. Tupper Lake NY.
02 Sep. Shelburne VT.
03 Sep. Hollister Hill B & B and farm VT.
04 Sep. Wilson Lake Inn, Wilton ME and lovely and good value motel ($79), on lake. Dinner at Calzolaio Restaurant especially delicious.
05 Sep. Baxter Park Inn, Millinocket, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!