Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Friday 10 September 2010

4 Star Bed Bugs in Niagara

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
28-30 August 2010

   There is a certain irony to backpacking in South America 8 months, staying in cheap accomodation always and then going to a 4 star hotel in Canada (my Mum was staying there as part of a tour) and getting bitten by bed bugs whilst staying in that room. In all of South America I was never once bitten by bed bugs. In fact, it turns out that in 45 countries of travel, much of which has been in the developing world, I have been bitten by bed bugs in Scotland, England, and now in Canada.
   I went to Niagara to meet with my Mum so that we could travel together from that point onwards. I messed  up the dates and arrived a day early, and so spent my first night in a fantastic backpackers hostel (without bed bugs). That was Saturday. On Sunday my friend Mazen from Toronto drove down to have lunch with me and we did the famous Maid of the Mist boat tour into the mist of both of Niagara's falls. It was fun, and great to spend time with an old friend.

This was my second trip to Niagara, but my first on the Maid of the Mist.

There are 2 big falls at Niagara, one completely on the American New York side, the other (this one) straddling the border between NY and Canada. This, I believe, is the more spectacular of the two.
Notes
ACBB Backpackers Hostel, Dorm Bed, Breakfast Included $25. Fantastic Hostel, clean, great info from friendly owner, Great Breakfast, Great location.
Public Bus from Buffalo Airport to Rainbow Bridge Niagara $2.35 (or it seems their is a shuttle service for about $55!)
Maid of the Mist Boat Tour $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!