Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 1 June 2014

A brief stop in Curitiba

Curitiba was on my list of places to visit. Just because it, as a city, has been recognised as a good environmental example of how to operate things. We were also given a wonderful opportunity to visit some people we'd met on our last visit to Peninsula Valdes (Argentina, the places with all the whales, orcas, penguins, sea lions, and seals). 

Environmentally, all that stood out to me was the super efficient bus transportation system. Not just the energy use of the buses, but also the dedicated bus lanes and bus shelters where you entered and got your ticket. 

So far as a place to visit, we were glad to visit Curitiba to meet friends, but it's a city. Like most cities the attractions are churches, plazas, museums, gardens. It's nice, but I'm not a backpacker anymore so I can get out of the cities and see much more pleasant and interesting things. H feels much the same way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!