Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Saturday 19 April 2014

Such a pretty scene, believe me.

I'm sitting having my morning cup of tea (made in the camper) at first light. I haven't brought my camera, so you'll just have to believe me when I tell you how pretty it is. 

The scene is mostly shades of soft pink. I'm looking at the water of the Uruguay river, almost where it all becomes sea, so the water stretches so far in front that I can't see Argentina. 

The water closest to me has reeds and to my right there is a daisy-like yellow flower growing in the water, and another plant with small white flowers. Next the water is reflecting pink, beyond that a soft blue. The sky is cloudy on the horizon and reflecting pink again, and above me the sky is a soft blue. 

Halfway through the scene there is a manmade breakwater of rocks (to guide the yachts into the marina, which is to my left), and at the end of the breakwater there is a bright red steel framed lighthouse which adds such contrast to the scene that it makes it all the more better. 

Large fish keep breaching the surface of the water, in the way that whales and dolphins gently do the same. And a soft yellow breasted bird has just come singing beside me (as I write this!). 

All in all, aside from the mosquitoes, it's a most pretty and tranquil scene. It's called Juan Lacaze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!