Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Sunday 13 April 2014

A lot of miles with little to see.

After Peninsula Valdes our destination was Uruguay and there wasn't a lot we wanted to visit in between. So we did a lot of driving. We did stop at Las Grutas (a fun seaside resort place) overnight, and did 2 nights in Sierra de la Ventana (a hill hiking place), but aside from those stops there was just a lot of looking out the window at farm land until we got to Rosario. 

I actually quite like seeing the farm land and what is being produced, but it gives little reason to stop. We saw mostly Soya bean crops (Argentina is, I believe, the 3rd largest producer in the world), corn and cattle. 

Sierra de la Ventana was a 'fix things and laundry stop' as the campsite, belonging to the church, was lovely and trouble free. I intended to hike on the day we left but the fog was too thick to bother. Still, the town itself was lovely. 

Many people reading this and knowing the geography might ask 'but why wouldn't you have gone through Buenos Aires?' . City sightseeing is fine for regular travellers, but it's right painful in a motorhome. Even in Rosario we found a campsite in an outer suburb and took the bus into town to sightsee. Plus, we've both been to Buenos Aires and although I'd love to see a friend there again, I wouldn't drive in or ask H to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!