Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Tuesday 23 February 2010

La Paz, Bolivia

6 - 11 February 2010
   La Paz, the capital of Bolivia, didn't deserve 5 nights stay, but I was waiting for Carnival in Oruro, and I wanted to be sure to re-aclimatise before Carnival. (La Paz and Oruro are at high altitude).
   I did make a day trip out to Tiahuanaco, and important Pre-Inca site, but I think it wasn't so much worth the effort.
 
La Paz, Bolivia's Capital, is at 3,636m above sea level.

  
I went to the Cholita wrestling. It's all pretend and mildly entertaining. The main focus is traditionally dressed women, in skirts, fighting men and other women.

  
Tiahuanaco, pre-Inca site.

 
In the Witches market of La Paz you can buy dried Llama fetus's to offer to Pachumama (basically mother earth). I bought an Alpaca Sweater instead.... it cost $45! Bargain. (This time it's a real one).

Notes
Accommoation: Adventure Brew too hostel. $7.50 per night in 8 bed dorm, pancake breakfast included. *** ok.
Santa Cruz to La Paz.... I flew! I couldn't bare the idea of a long bus ride with possible delays due to flooding, so I taxi'd to the airport and got a flight at the last minute $120. 1 hour. (16-36 hours by bus).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!