Wanna know more?

Do want me to tell some past travel stories or have you got some questions that need answering? Then let me know!

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Overlander Christmas in Ushuaia

What a marvellous Christmas! I've only got one complaint: it's super cold but it didn't snow enough to give me a white Christmas. Of course, all the motorcycle and bicycle overlanders, camped in their tents, are happy that it didn't snow. 

Last night, Christmas eve, the overlanders all gathered in the communal building here at the 'La Pista del Andino' campsite. Everyone brought their own food and the owner/manager here had a fire in the parrilla and kindly appointed himself as chef of everyone's BBQ food. (And we passed around a hat for tips to thank him). 

There's probably about 25 overlanding mobile homes here, about 20 motorcycles and I've absolutely no idea about how many bicycles are here (not so many, I just didn't go looking for them). I know that there are others at the municiple campsite (but no common building to keep warm and dry), probably some motorhomes on the waterfront, and possibly some at the other campsite. 

The majority of overlanders are from Germany, next is France, and we also have overlanders from Holland, Denmark,  Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Great Britian, Poland, and even Australia and New Zealand!! H is the only Belgian, but I'm not the only Aussie. 

It was an inspiring evening of meeting all these adventurers, well worth being here for. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ali, I wish you a merry christmas and more great travel time in Argentina.
    And don't worry about all the questions, where you get the money from and how you can effort.....they may just be envious...I just think it's great what you are doing. You do what you want. not many people can say that.
    Have a great time.
    Karo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or ask a question, I'd love to hear from you!